Each Christian Science church operates a “Reading Room” that is open to the public as a community bookstore where visitors can explore healing through prayer. It’s a place for self-guided learning, with librarians on hand to answer questions and assist with resources. You’re invited to browse, research, study, and enjoy a peaceful place to read or pray. No attempts are made to convert or persuade visitors.
Hours are 10 AM to 1 PM on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Some of the resources available to you:
- Weekly Bible lesson-sermons
- Bible research materials
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, the textbook on Christian Science, by Mary Baker Eddy
- Periodicals containing testimonies of present-day Christian healing
- Access to online and print editions of The Christian Science Monitor, a weekly news magazine (www.csmonitor.com)
- Children’s books and other materials for parents
- Access to audio lectures, podcasts, and testimonies of healing
- Comprehensive computer resources to learn about Christian Science (www.christianscience.com)